Explore with us
Aldeburgh and the Suffolk Coast are wonderful locations, with so much to discover. Here are just a handful of our favourite places to enjoy. You’ll find much, much more about Aldeburgh and our beautiful coastline at www.thesuffolkcoast.co.uk.
Our top 5 things to do in our area are…
- Visit our shingle and sand beach. It’s the perfect spot for a walk, a picnic or a swim. It’s also home to historic landmarks such as a Martello Tower, the Old Moot Hall, and the infamous ‘Scallop’ sculpture.
- Take in a screening at Aldeburgh Cinema. It is a small, quirky, charitable endeavour that puts on a warm welcome. This picture house punches hugely above its weight pulling in top class acts. 51 High Street, Aldeburgh, IP15 5AU.
- Browse around Adnams’ Aldeburgh Store. Take away a taste of our locally made beers and spirits. It’s a great little spot to find a treat for yourself or for other people. 179b High Street, Aldeburgh, IP15 5AN.
- Snape Maltings – With a concert hall, boutiques shops and delicious little cafes there is lots to explore at this converted Victorian maltings. Visit brittenpearsarts.org.
- Canoeing on the Alde. Spend the day travelling along the stunning River Alde between Snape and Aldeburgh with a canoe from Iken Canoe. Canoes, paddleboards, Katakunas and kayaks are available to hire. Available April – October. Visit www.ikencanoe.co.uk